Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Simple Graphing

I read about this activity at teachpreschool.org and since our class is into counting and sorting I decided to give it a try. I used plastic bowls instead of baby food jars for the graphing materials because I didn't have enough jars in the classroom. The graph sheets I made on the computer. They are modeled after the ones used on the Teach Preschool blog. 
 Each child chose two bowls and arranged the materials from one bowl in the first column on the graphing sheet. 
Then they arranged the second set of objects on the other side of the graph. 
 After arranging the materials, the children estimated which column had more objects. 
 Then we counted each set of objects. 
 The children really enjoyed this activity and continued to work with it throughout the day. They loved choosing from the variety of math tokens and arranging them in the boxes on the graph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment