Monday, October 3, 2011

Notes for Mommy and Daddy

I recently bought several packages of greeting cards that I found in the clearance section at Micheal's craft store. I have been meaning to add them to the writing center. Today one of the children in our class was very sad because he was missing his daddy. I suggested that he write a note to his daddy telling him how much he was missed. Just then I remembered the greeting cards. I pulled them out of the closet and we realized that they were perfect for writing notes to our loved ones. The child quickly cheered up as he wrote his "letter" because he had found a way to communicate with his parent.
Other children joined us in the writing center. Some wanted the teachers to help them write thier notes but others wrote the notes all by themselves. 


When they were finished writing, I asked each of the children to read his or her note to me. Everyone "read" that they missed and loved their mommies and daddies.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment