Monday, January 23, 2012

Fun with Foam Noodles

 At the end of the summer, I bought a couple of those foam noodles that kids play with in the pool. They were very cheap because it was the end of the season but once I bought them I didn't know what to do with them. Some time later, I read about this idea although I can't remember where. I cut the noodles into two- and three-inch pieces and set them out with a package of toothpicks. 

 At first the children experimented with pushing the toothpicks in and pulling them out, but soon they started to get creative. Here are some of the things they made:

 Buildings.

 Rockets. 

 

 Cakes and cupcakes. 

 Spaceships. 

This activity really allowed the children to use their imaginations. They had a blast with it and it only cost about five dollars! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment